Looks like Microsoft have uploaded the Release Notes for FIM 2010 R2 SP1 and also a “What’s New” page describing all the new features.
Key improvements that stand out to me in this release are:
- Improvements in the upgrade process from FIM 2010 to FIM 2010 R2, including significant performance enhancements to the database upgrade. This will only be relevant for those not yet running R2 yet.
- Improvements mentioned in my last post on the MA’s for Active Directory Domain Services, FIM Service Management Agent, and Extensible Connectivity 2.0to with regards to importing reference (group) objects.
- Deferred Evaluation for criteria-based groups configured in the FIM Portal – ie, a single group can be configured to evaluate only on a certain schedule.
- ECMA 2.1 released with minor changes.
- Minor changes to Powershell cmdlets.
- Support for various ‘2012’ Software components – MA support for AD 2012, SQL Server 2012; Environment support for Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2012, Visual Studio 2012 (.NET 4.5 support added), Sharepoint Foundation 2013 etc.
Some interesting stuff in here. I’m glad to see that it appears you can update directly from FIM 2010 to R2 SP1 without upgrading to R2 first (as I’m currently in a situation where I need to do this). Will be keen to get it installed and to start playing with some of those new features!
Source: What’s New in FIM 2010 R2 Sp1