When I tried to write my first Custom Workflow Activity in FIM, I found it to be a really confusing exercise. Not only did I need to learn Windows Workflow Foundation, I needed to learn how the custom FIM Activities worked, how to install them into the FIM Portal and how to debug them.
And, of course, there were no basic examples to be found, just a convoluted logging activity that Microsoft provided. Well, once I struggled through and worked it all out, I decided to come back and provide some more basic examples for those that followed after me. Here they are:
- Create Resource Activity Example
- Read Resource Activity Example
- Update Resource Activity Example
- Generate Unique Attribute Workflow Using Enumerate Resources Activity
- Custom Workflow Example: Enumerate Resources Activity
If you’re curious about a particular workflow activity that’s not yet covered, drop a note in the comments below.